We are nurturing and compassionate counsellors that practice healthy communication and work together with the client and or their families to empower them in their explorations, discoveries, decisions and ultimately healthy change to achieve successful recovery. We try to simplify what is often overwhelming and debilitating to all those involved.
We are a dynamic group of counsellors with extensive experience both through personal recovery of over 25years as well as professional experience assisting others in finding their own wellness within. We have a keen interest in integrated health, body, mind and spirit. We believe that with guidance and support, every human being can find the path to set themselves free for a life of abundance, health and happiness.
We are committed and passionate people who fully understand from the inside out what it is like to live within the constraints of an Eating Disorder. We strive to support all of those people affected by the impact of such debilitating illness and to encourage those suffering to continue to pursue recovery.
, R.P.C., offers a unique experience from personal experience having lived in the existence of an Eating Disorder over 25 years ago, as well as up to 20 years of professional experience and extensive training as a professional counsellor at The Vancouver College of Counsellor Training. Allison is a dedicated professional counsellor experienced in:
Allison brings forward a committed and passionate energy drawing upon years of experience in successfully counselling clients dealing with a variety of presenting problems and underlying core beliefs.
- Anxiety and Depression
- Eating Disorders and various other manifestations of self- harming behavior
- Education and Support for families and loved ones to effectively support a client through their experience into wellness.
- Transitions and Life Adjustments
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Loss and Grief
, B.A Psychology, RPC, brings a depth of personal experience of having lived through and recovered from an eating disorder over 20 years ago, plus 20 years of experience in the area of counselling eating disorders. Lindsay has worked as both a support worker and a counsellor in a private residential care facility for eating disorders prior to going into private practice. Lindsay understands that everyone will have their own path and journey as unique as the individual. Lindsay facilitates with her practice and her own life the following:
Lindsay is a dedicated and compassionate counsellor experienced in:
- Kindness, Compassion and Understanding - with the belief that these things happen together;
- Education to individuals and families. Knowledge can lend itself to kindness, understanding and compassion;
- Acceptance of self and others. We all have our own story; and Perception and Memory are everything. This then becomes our map which guides us in life
Types or Therapy Offered:
- Self-Esteem / Self Growth
- Anger Management
- Disordered Eating
- Depression & Anxiety
- Stress Management
- Education and support to Parents and/or professionals to help the sufferer through the process and into wellness.
- Client centered behaviour.
- Effective Communication
- Conflict Resolution
|All participants of this site practice independently and in their own names. Any professional relationship would be with the individual counsellors themselves and not necessarily with the owners and operators of this site.